By: Taylor Irwin
The north side suburb of Fishers is home to the Conner Prairie Interactive History Park, based around the historic William Conner House. Through first-person, in-character narratives, costumed staff recreate life in 19th-century Indiana, engaging visitors in common activities of the 1800s.
The park was named one of the top five museums in the nation when it received the 2010 National Medal for Museum and Library Service, the nation's highest honor for museums and libraries that make extraordinary civic, educational, economic, environmental and social contributions.
As your family travels through the outdoor historic areas, that include everything from a living pioneer village to a Lenape Indian camp, you'll experience the thrills of time travel. One of the park's newest attractions, 1863 Civil War Journey: Raid on Indiana, puts you and your family in the middle of and Indiana brush with the Civil War. Through theatrical wizardry, including video, sound, staging and interpreters, you are drawn into the true story of General John Hunt Morgan's cavalry raid on Indiana. Or stop by the 1859 Balloon Voyage, a tethered balloon that simulates the nation’s first successful airmail flight by raising visitors 350 feet in the air and offering an excellent view of surrounding countryside.
Conner Prairie will offer free admission for active-duty military personnel and their immediate family members from May 26 through Labor Day!
Special events include everything from the Indianapolis Symphony Orchestra playing outdoors to a visit by the Headless Horseman. For a complete event schedule, please see the Conner Prairie website: www.connerprairie.org
Article originally featured on VisitIndy.com.
By: Jessica Berry
Father's Day is this Sunday, June 17th, are you ready to celebrate with your dad? I've already given my dad his gift this year because he's on vacation for three weeks and won't return until the last week of June. I was lucky enough to win a signed Jeff Saturday jersey at the BOMA Casino night in May and I decided that I would give it to my dad for his new 'man cave'. He absolutely loved his gift and is thinking of where he will hang it on his return.
What are you doing to celebrate Father’s Day this year? Will you be taking dad out to dinner or for 18 holes of golf? How are you going to show dad how special he is to you this year?
Well according to AskMen.com, there are the top ten gifts that dads are looking for this year.
- Landscaping Services - Save dad some hard work so you can spend more time with him
- Sports Tickets - Pick your dad's favorite team and get him a pair of tickets
- Meat - Try Omaha Steaks or Prime Chops
- Gadgets - Think Tablet or eReader
- Books - Find out who your dad's favorite author is and pick up a few books for him
- Personalized Gifts - Show how much your dad really means to you
- A Set of New Golf Clubs or a New Driver - If your dad loves golf, an upgrade of his clubs may be the perfect gift
- Fishing Gear - Thinking outside the box, give your dad a little luxury while he is fishing
- Alcohol - Make sure to get the good stuff your dad loves but doesn't treat himself to
- Grilling Tools - Go for the top of the line tools for dad this year
We look forward to hearing how you spent the day with your dad, which is what he really wants for Father's Day.
By: Jessica Berry
Our special offer for the month of May is One Month Free Rent with a new serviced office agreement. We offer beautiful offices in the downtown Indianapolis area, located at 101 West Ohio Street on the 20th floor. How much space do you need for your company, one office or four? We can accomodate you here with our single, two suite, three suite, and four suite offices.
Schedule a tour today - Call us at 317-454-8100 or Email Jessica at firstname.lastname@example.org!
* Free Rent Special is valid May 1, 2012 - May 31, 2012. Offer valid when a new serviced office agreement is signed for a minimum of 6 months.
By: Jessica Berry
Amerimar Business Centers and our staff will be in attendance the annual BOMA (Building Owners and Managers Association) event that will be held this year at The Ritz Charles in Carmel. It’s a wonderful opportunity to see old friends and make new ones. You never know where that next referral is coming from!
The invitation is below – please read and share with your friends. It’s FREE to everyone and don’t forget your business cards to enter into all of the wonderful drawings.
By: Jessica Berry
Spring has arrived, although we had such a mild winter it sometimes felt like we went straight from fall to spring. The annual spring cleaning has begun and people are starting to clear their homes of the winter funk. The garage sales will be starting up so people can be out with old and in with the new. It is a cleansing cycle that many people go through every year.
Have you thought about doing some spring cleaning around your office? How often do we go through that pile of papers in the back of the cabinet or wipe down our furniture? Did you move into an office that was already setup but haven’t had a chance to put your own personal touch on it? Take some time to make those changes to your office so that you can be more efficient and feel less bogged down by items that you no longer need.
Brittany G. from The ServiceMagic ProConnection has four helpful hints for office spring cleaning.
- Pick a place to start – your office is obvious, but come up with a plan about how you will go through items, make a system to know what you have to keep, file, or pitch. If you have a plan before you start the process it will be much smoother.
- Remove the clutter – That seems like an easy step, but most of us still wind up with that stack of papers on our desk for a week. If you’ve mapped out your plan as suggested above, then organizing, filing, and throwing away items will be a breeze. Once you organize your files and put the papers away you will be more efficient in your space and be able to access items easier.
- Keep it close – If there is something that you use every day then the most logical place to put it is within your reach, your favorite pen, the stapler, tape, etc. Items that you don’t need as often can be organized in a drawer so you can access when needed. This might be a good time to invest in some kind of organizational product, either to hold your pens, post it notes, papers clips, etc. so that you can keep those items on your desk but it looks organized rather than thrown together.
- Don’t just clean in the spring – It would be helpful to go through this process every week or once a month so that you can stay on top of it. By organizing your office space you are going to be more efficient so if you keep up the clean and organized space you can be more efficient throughout the year. Wouldn’t it be nice to clean up on Friday and come in on Monday to a nice clean, organized desk?
To give you an example of how this can impact your work space, check out my before and after pictures below and tell me which one looks better!